Saturday, August 28, 2021

SHEEP AND GOATS

 

SHEEP AND GOATS

Freelance writer Lupie Riley 

Thought:  For those of you who raise sheep or goats, I’m sure you have observed the difference in their personalities.  Gods word has a very unique perspective on sheep and goats.

Sheep are grazers, feasting on short plants.  They represent gentleness, innocence and purity. They have a strong flocking instinct to follow their shepherd.  In some instances, that’s why we are called sheep.

Goats are curious, independent, harder to handle.  They browse on leaves, twigs, vines and shrubs.  The have a very strong proness to mate.

The word tells us that God will divide the sheep from the goats.  The sheep to the right and goats to the left.  Math. 25:32 “And I will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats and place the sheep at my right hand and the goats at my left.”  The destination for those on the left is not pleasant.  Math. 25:41 “then I will turn to those on my left and say, “away with you cursed ones into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his demons.”  Anything sound familiar to you?

The biblical Shepherd is Jesus.  Psalms 23:1 “Because the Lord is my Shepherd  I have everything I need.” Coll. 2:9-10 “For in Christ there is all of God in a human body, so you have everything when you have Christ, and you are filled with God through your union with Christ.  He is the highest ruler, with authority over every other power.”

Jesus is also referred to as the lamb of God, the perfect sinless sacrifice for all sin.  Isa. 53:6 “We are the ones who strayed away like sheep, We who left God’s path to follow our own.  Yet God laid on Him the guilt and sins of every one of us.”  Rev. 7:17 “For the lamb standing in front of the throne will feed them and be their Shepherd and lead them to the springs of the Water of Life.  And God will wipe their tears away. 

Which side are you on?  Are you willing to follow the Good Shepherd home to green pastures (Heaven)?

Prayer:  Father God, you are my Shepherd that loves and cares for me.  I will follow you into those green pastures where you lead me and I will live with you forever.

Verse:  Heb. 13:20-21 “And now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, equip you with all you need for doing His will.  May he who became the great Shepherd of the sheep by an everlasting agreement between God and you, signed with his blood, produce in you through the power of Christ all that is pleasing to him.  To Him be glory forever and ever amen.”

Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats. I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years. Working on a book at the present. My priorities are God first, family, country.


Visit what other Christians are thinking:

*Visit the TSW Online Christian Reading Room!


TSW Popular Posts

1 comment:

  1. Did Your Parents Shepherd You?

    Jesus said that John the Baptist came neither “eating” (glutton) or “drinking” (alcohol) and you felt that he could not understand sinners (he was “stuck up”). So, Jesus said, “I came both eating and drinking and you claim that I have a devil.” In other words, “you simple minded morons” - you find any excuse to ignore the Truth…you do not understand the seriousness of your own sinful nature. (Matthew 11:18-19)

    It is always easy to attack the imperfect messenger. By doing this many explain that they need no “Shepherd”. Well, your parents ‘shepherded’ you while growing up, your fellow co-worker trained (shepherded you) while learning your job. We have all been shepherded, taught and led by those wise people who have gone before.

    Most certainly God has no need for “’know it all’ goats”!

    God warns; “If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned.” [Jeremiah 18:7] ~ Eric William King

    ReplyDelete

WATCH POPULAR VIDEO:

The 70 -7's Prophecy!

The 70 -7's Prophecy! Above: E.W.King explains the fascinating 70-7's prophecy of Daniel. More TSW Prophetic I...